Monday 8 December 2014

Countdown to christmas weigh in

This week in my weight loss journey I am again thinking forward to christmas, as you may remember in my last blog I had some thoughts on my christmas dinner options as we do not do the traditional christmas dinner and instead do a 'pick and choose' buffet throughout the day.
Nommy!


Normally we just buy party food and chuck it in the oven and pig out all day, but this year I am going to look into some other options:

Healthy Crisps:

Firstly, ignore the dip, I won't be making that, but crisps are a big part of the Christmas meal, so if they are healthier that can cut out a lot of naughty calories. Bear in mind that with the recipe it asks for Olive Oil however we would use Frylight here instead.

Ingredients

3 large potatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch thick rounds
2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt

Method

  1. Toss potatoes in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of oil, and pepper until well coated. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  2. Arrange potato slices in 1 layer on 2 cookie sheets. 
  3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until chips are crisped and lightly browned. 
  4. Remove from oven, season with salt and cool.
I am going to keep looking for more healthy recipes as I go, I am thinking something like stffed mushrooms, peppers, potato skins etc. I think the route to take is homemade as far as possible to avoid extra calories that I don't know about.

This week I have lost 2lbs! YAY! My scales hinted at being 18st 7lbs last week but changed their mind by weigh in day, so I am glad that I have kept it off this week, obviously the new batteries in the scales are helping me out!


Current Weight: 18st 7lbs

Target weight loss: 1 stone

Pounds left until target: 12lbs

Weightloss so far: 4lb

Target weight: 17st 11lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment